Our aim is to make air pollution visible, so that people can avoid it whenever possible and lead healthier lives. That’s why we’re launching the #SeeTheAirYouBreathe photo competition today.
We’re asking all CleanSpace Members, to take a screenshot of the App’s Air Map during their travels, and also to take a photo of their current surroundings, whenever they see air pollution levels that surprise them, or that are particularly unusual or interesting – perhaps because of the location. Air pollution varies a lot – from place to place and throughout the day so that’s why having the CleanSpace app showing you the air you are breathing is so helpful.
So, this is a chance to show off your photography skills and share something interesting to help make the point that pollution levels can sometimes be very different to what you may think they are. Remember, it’s important that the photo is taken of the exact same place and time as the image of the CleanSpace Air Map.
You simply need to upload the two photos together, like the ones below, on Twitter using the hashtag #SeeTheAirYouBreathe, tagging @CleanSpace in, or upload the photos directly to our Facebook page. You can also enter via Instagram by posting the two pictures as a composite image – apps such as Layout can help you do this. Remember to add the #SeeTheAirYouBreathe hashtag and tag our Instagram page @OurCleanSpace.
Our favourite image will receive a £100 Amazon voucher, two CleanSpace Tags and a year’s Premium membership to the World Photography Organisation (WPO), the runner up will receive a £50 Amazon voucher, a CleanSpace Tag and a year’s membership to WPO. The remaining 68 finalists will all receive a year’s membership to WPO, so that you continue practicing your photography skills, and maybe even get entered into the Sony World Photography Awards.
You can enter as many times as you like – maybe taking a shot at the same place at different times of the day to show how air pollution levels differ throughout the day, or perhaps when you’re on a different mode of transport.
Looking forward to seeing your entries.
The Drayson Technologies Team
Creators of CleanSpace
Terms and conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of United Kingdom, excluding employees and the immediate families of Drayson Technologies, their agencies or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. Entrants must be 18 years old or over.
3. The promotion begins on Tues 22nd December 2015 and closes at 23:59 on the 31st January 2016.
4. To enter you must Tweet or post on the CleanSpace Facebook page two images (or one split-screen image) of a screen shot of the CleanSpace App Air Map, as well as a photo of your current surroundings, or a split-screen image on Instagram, using the hashtag #seetheairyoubreathe. On Twitter you must tag @CleanSpace and on Instagram you must tag @OurCleanSpace.
5. Each entrant can enter as many times as they like, they can also post on all three social media platforms if they wish.
6. You must be following CleanSpace on the social media platform that you are entering on.
7. The winner will receive a £100 Amazon voucher, two CleanSpace Tags and a year’s membership to World Photography Organisation (WPO). The runner up will receive a £50 Amazon voucher, one CleanSpace Tag and a year’s membership to WPO. The other 68 finalists will all receive a year’s membership to WPO.
8. The prize winner will be selected on 4th February 2016 by Drayson
9. The prize winner will be notified within seven (7) days of the draw on the social media platform that they entered on.
10. If the promoter is unable to contact the prize winner within 30 days, the prize will be forfeited. A new prize winner will then be randomly selected from remaining entries.
11. By entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
12. Losing entries will not receive any notification.
13. The names and counties of the prize winner will be available upon request by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to; See The Air You Breathe Competition, Drayson Technologies, 2 Queen Caroline Street, London, W6 9DX after 4th February 2016
14. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to provide alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
15. In all cases the promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The prize winner may be required to take part in related publicity and such participation is a condition of accepting a prize.
17. Drayson Technologies accepts no liability or responsibility for entries lost, delayed or undelivered, nor any liability for technical errors or communication failures in networks and/or internet access. 18. This promotion and these terms and conditions of entry are governed by English Law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with this promotion.
Promoter: Drayson Technologies Limited, 2 Queen Caroline Street, London, W6 9DX.